The important things first – The GründerCard is not for everyone. It shouldn’t be in the first place. Why are we saying this? Because many of the benefits are not geared toward developing countries like India, and the map is mostly focused on the United States and European countries. For those of you who have no idea about the GründerCard and why it is relevant, read on!
What is the GründerCard and how is it different?
The GründerCard is a unique offer in itself. In a world dominated by credit cards that string together a plethora of perks like miles, rebates, and credits, the FoundersCard offering might seem unconvincing to a layperson. But then again, this wasn’t meant to extend credit or behave like a credit card. This can not pay your bills but help you save money on your bills! Yes, you heard right. The card can be particularly useful for bargain hunters and founders.
Touted as a “lifestyle” card, the FoundersCard compiles exclusively curated benefits for an annual membership fee. The membership card gives you a plethora of benefits, including special discounts, elite badges and status, and even some freebies. For those who do not have or do not want to have a credit card, the GründerCard nevertheless proves to be a suitable medium to enjoy the same perks. From hotels to vouchers to priority access, the FoundersCard combines a multitude of benefits into a single offer – an investment well worth the money spent.
How much does the GründerCard cost?
The general price for the FoundersCard is $595 per year, with an introductory fee of $95 (or a $495 discounted membership via a member referral), making the card quite expensive and “not that good” if we put that consider Indian market. However, the FoundersCard can be of great use in western countries with a plethora of connected features around the offers.
Alternatives to the FoundersCard (worldwide)
If you think that the GründerCard is not the right choice for you and you are desperate for alternatives, we have good news for you! There are various cards on the market that offer similar benefits and can even extend you a line of credit along the way. Let’s jump right into it to learn more about compelling FoundersCard alternatives:
Amex platinum card
Often touted as the epitome of luxury credit cards, you can’t go wrong with Amex’s Platinum range of credit cards. The card offers luxurious privileges, overwhelming travel benefits, the best lounge access and complimentary elite status – truly a beauty you can’t resist! There really are very few cards on the market that can match the ultra-luxurious benefits of the Amex Platinum Card.
- Access to a whopping 1,400 airport lounges around the world, including the ultra-luxurious Amex Centurion Lounges, Plaza Platinum Lounges, Priority Pass Lounges and more.
- 5x points for every $1 spent directly with the airlines or American Express Travel (up to $500,000 per year).
- 5x points on prepaid hotel bookings with American Express Travel.
- Annual and monthly statements (subject to registration) – from flight credit to streaming credit to excess credit.
- No transaction fee for international payments (T&Cs apply).
- High annual fee of $695, a significant amount compared to other credit cards that perform at the same level.
- Flight Credit cannot be redeemed for the fare.
Regus Businessworld Membership
Being a founder requires flexibility, whether it’s flying early or staying up late to refine your business plan, a founder dons many hats to get things right. You may have the superpower to work from anywhere, but when you’re on the go and you finally get to your destination, you want to stay focused. That’s where Regus Businessworld membership comes in! This curated program gives small business owners access to over 3000 business lounges worldwide.
- Access to over 3000 business lounges worldwide
- Wireless Internet access
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- meeting room
- No airline benefits.
- A monthly fee of $59 might not be for everyone.
- Surcharges for meeting rooms and conference rooms.
Similar to the FoundersCard, Select offers its users a variety of membership benefits for an annual membership fee. One cannot use the card for transactions, but only redeem the benefits of the card in the partner network. Similar to the FoundersCard, Select helps business owners, founders and users enjoy perks on travel, restaurants, retailers and nightlife. Similar to the FoundersCard, it allows the cardholder access to private events, cocktail hours, happy hours and galas.
- Over 600,000 partner locations.
- Hotel partners such as Hyatt Hotels, Four Seasons, St. Regis and Hilton.
- Trading partners such as Audi, Lexus, Tommy Bahama, Capital Grille and Bliss Spa.
- Happy hour, cocktail hour.
- Exclusive and private networking events.
- limited availability
- Premium price tag
FoundersCard alternatives in India
While the Select card or Amex Platinum card has a global consumer base, the needs of an Indian founder are different. Indian business owners need flexibility and ecosystem support as well as things that help them save upfront costs for the business. Indian companies and startups are all about surviving for the long term and keeping the same in mind, we have rounded up a few worthy FoundersCard alternatives in India. They are as follows:
The Karbon Card is an attractive business card designed to keep business owners on the left, right and center. The card offers high credit limits, the possibility of receiving cashbacks in the partner network and exclusive rewards for the cardholder. The card can help business owners save up to 50 lakh on expenses at various providers.
- 12% discount on monthly AWS billing.
- $5,000 in AWS credits for a full year.
- $50,000 in segment credits.
- 50% discount on Mailmodo.
- $4,000 Freshworks credit and more.
- Fast approval rates.
- New product, available worldwide.
- Limited awareness among users.
Volopay business credit cards
Similar to Karbon Card, Volopay is another global player that is quickly becoming popular among founders and small business owners due to fast approval rates, robust teams, and higher credit limits. While the card doesn’t offer major membership benefits, founders can access 45-50 days of credit and track their spending, keep an eye on leaks, and streamline business operations on the go.
- High credit limit.
- 45-50 days credit free period.
- track business expenses.
- Dashboard and app access.
- Keep an eye on financial leaks.
- No significant travel or membership perks.
- limited consciousness
Overall, the FoundersCard is an interesting concept when viewed from a layperson’s perspective. The map and alternatives can be of great use around the world and are highly recommended for seasoned travelers and founders who are constantly on the move. However, for an average Indian founder, thrift and sustainability is the order of the day, which would be important in the long run.
frequently asked Questions
What is the founder card?
FoundersCard compiles exclusively curated benefits for an annual membership fee. The membership card gives you a plethora of benefits, including special discounts, elite badges and status, and even some freebies.
How much does the GründerCard cost?
The general price for the FoundersCard is $595 per year, with a $95 initiation fee (or a $495 discounted membership through a member referral).
What alternatives are there to the GründerCard?
Some of the popular FoundersCard alternatives are:
- Amex platinum card
- Regus Businessworld Membership
- select map
- carbon card
- Volopay business credit cards