Company profile is an initiative of StartupTalky to publish verified information about various startups and organizations. The content of this post was approved by POPxo…
POPxo is India’s largest online community for millennials to read, watch, buy and hang out. It was founded in 2015. It is a welcoming and empowering environment that encourages women to live their best lives.
POPxo aims to merge content and commerce, which started as content and now has its own private label. POPxo’s articles, videos and social networking materials are available in six languages - English, Hindi, Marathi, Bangla, Tamil and Telugu – attracting over 39 million monthly users who spend over 3 million hours on all of the company’s platforms.
POPxo works with leading companies to reach and engage this important audience. The whole platform is based on content that fascinates young girls.
Bollywood news, life hacks, and retail lists are all featured on this website.
POPxo – company highlights
|Official name||Luxeva Limited|
|sector||Beauty, Health & Lifestyle|
|Co-founder and CEO||Namratha bostrom|
|valuation||$ 10.8 million|
|Number of employees||251 to 500|
Popxo – startup story
The Popxo is founded by a dynamic woman named Priyanka Gill. From 2012 to 2013 there was no extensive English language content platform for women. It was then that they thought of creating a useful platform for women and founded Popxo in March 2013. The founder founded Estylista in 2013 in London for NRI women. For the first few years the company operated out of London and raised its first round of institutional funding.
Originally, Popxo was creating content that excited women such as fashion, beauty, lifestyle, wedding, relationships, work, fitness, etc. The most popular things that have drawn women to our site are hair and skin protection and then relationships.
The great thing about the site is that it produces 1,500 articles in six languages every month. The team understood the audience well and presented articles in the same way that led to the creation of content and the addition of relevant videos. Today the platform produces 60-70 videos per month and generates 100-150 million views per month. The videos last between 3-7 minutes and they even produce web series.
Popxo – founder
Priyanka is the co-founder and President of MyGlamm and the founder and CEO of POPxo-Plixxo. She lives in London with her husband and two children as a digital media entrepreneur and storyteller. She enjoys working with creative and entrepreneurial people, especially women, and considers it a privilege to be in her company. She is now participating in a joint EMBA Global program between the London Business School and Columbia Business School.
Her passion for writing merged with entrepreneurship when she launched her own website, Estylista, now known as POPxo. She returned to India in 2014 to start POPxo and envisioned her company as a safe and engaged community helping Indian women lead their lives. Influencer marketing seems to be about to break out in India. As a result, she began developing a technology-enabled platform to capitalize on this tremendous opportunity. Plixxo was released in 2017. India’s first generation of influencers grew up here. POPxo-Plixxo joined My Glamm, India’s leading beauty conglomerate, in 2020, marking a turning point and year. Three strong brands have come together to create an incredible company.
Popxo – sales model
Sponsored content is the first source of income. They approach brands and claim to have a large audience. Popxo knew what people want and can help you sell. They created content for them, including social media and videos. This is the first. In second place is influencer marketing. Ads come third and e-commerce fourth.
Popxo’s money comes from sponsored materials, which make up half of our total. Influencer marketing makes up 40% of income. They started selling online in the fourth quarter of last fiscal year.
Popxo – services
- Fashion– POPxo allows you to keep up to date with the latest fashion trends by reading fashion articles and watching videos. Our fashion experts will provide you with everything you need to stay on trend, from styling tips to shopping hotspots and must-have items. The platform also features the latest fashion news in West and India. They also offer the best tips and fashion hacks that suit you. This platform also offers the latest updates on celebrity clothing (both Bollywood and Hollywood).
- beauty– The team of beauty specialists is committed to providing you with the best services in the industry. The beauty section has everything from unbiased product reviews to makeup hacks to skin and hair care tips. Receive updates on skin care, makeup, hair, bath & body, nails, hair products, beauty products, and DIYs.
- lifestyle– POPxo also offers related content from a variety of topics. We bring you popular items across all categories from travel and education to sex and relationships.
- wedding– Wedding planning can be as stressful as you imagine it to be. Hence, Popxo is here to help. The wedding area keeps young brides updated on the latest trends. POPxo has everything you need to know about weddings, from bridal makeup to honeymoon ideas.
- Wellness– General wellbeing is at the heart of a healthy lifestyle, according to POPxo. So, if you want to live a healthier life, check out Popxo’s wellness section, which has articles on managing stress and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- entertainment– Popxo ensures that you get the most out of everything from the comfort of your laptop or mobile phone, from movie recommendations to the events in the life of your favorite star.
Popxo is the home of all things feminine. POPxo’s online store, which includes items such as home decor, beauty, clothing, face masks, mobile accessories, stationery, rakhi gifts and more, is an attempt to make online shopping more convenient for women in India!
POPxo has raised a total of $ 12.4 million in funding in 7 funding rounds. POPxo is financed by 21 investors. Neoplux, IDG Ventures, Summit Media, Oppo, Kalaari Capital, STRIVE, Chiratae Ventures are the main investors in POPxo.
|04/25/2018||Series C||$ 5M||Neoplux, Oppo|
|March 1, 2018||Series B||$ 750K||–|
|March 16, 2017||Series B||$ 3.3M||Chiratae Ventures, STRIVE|
|5th November 2015||Series A||$ 2 million||500 startups, Chiratae Ventures, Kalaari Capital|
|November 1, 2014||Angel round||$ 500K||–|
|July, 1st 2013||Seed round||$ 300K||–|
Popxo Frequently Asked Questions
What is POPxo?
POPxo is an Indian online platform especially for women to read, watch, shop and hang out. POPxo includes content related to beauty, weddings, health and lifestyle.
Who founded POPxo?
Priyanka Gill founded POPxo in 2015.
Who is the owner of MyGlamm?
Darpan Sanghvi owns MyGlamm.
Does POPxo create videos with content?
Yes, POPxo is capable of creating over 2000 pieces of content along with 150 videos, 800 stories and a large number of social media graphics.