The government had closed the Huduma center at the GPO because of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the Ministry of Public Service and Gender has announced that the GPO station will be open from today. However, this time the service is different. The GPO Huduma Center has introduced an appointment system.
Appointment means that Kenyans in the city must book an appointment before they can use the services of the GPO center.
According to the ministry, the system would help minimize human traffic and time spent on services.
There are a couple of things to consider: you don’t need an appointment to serve in the city’s other 4 Huduma centers – only the GPO station asks the public to be informed of this development; You also don’t need a reservation to be served in other centers across the country.
How to book an appointment
It’s quick to book an appointment at the GPO Center.
- Go to hudumakenya.go.ke in your browser
- From the hamburger menu, select Book Appointments
- You will be asked to enter your login information (ID as username and password) (ID as username and password).
- If you don’t have an account, you can create one in less than a minute.
- The system will give you an activation code.
- Log in and keep booking. Other fields are filled in so all you have to do is select a service like DL application and choose a service center (in this case, it’s a Group Policy Object).
- Save the appointment and print out the paper.
Then personally attend the assigned date.