Most business owners need at least a federal, state, or local license or license in order to work. Permits and licenses vary by industry, local requirements, and location. Hence, it is very important to know the laws for your company. Permits are required for a business in Nairobi and other Kenyan cities to run smoothly. This is required by law, and failure to do so will result in an undesirable business interruption.
There are many types of licenses that must be fully compliant with both national and regional regulations.
The licenses are:
1. Commercial license
2. License for advertising signs
3. Health certificate
4. Fire extinguishing permit
5. Food Hygiene Certificate
Requirements for renewing a business license online:
- Money in your mobile / online banking bank
- your contact details
- Some additional service fees
- Your business ID, which you can get from your previous business license
- Time period: 10 minutes left.
How to apply for an online business license
Go to the E-Citizen portal and register your account to make it easy to find and reserve your company name.
Pay the Ksh fee. 150 for the company name search and reservation service.
Obtain naming approval through the portal.
After you have entered your details, log in and you will be redirected to the homepage.
Focus on a single business permit on the website. Here click on Renew.
After clicking the Renew button, you will be taken to the status check page. This page allows you to check the status of your company and the total cost of renewing a single business license.
Pay the company name registration fee as stated.
Obtain a registration certificate via the self-service portal.
- Go to your respective county and tap Add Company
- Fill in the required information such as company identification, address and contact details.
- Create an invoice for your work license
- Verify that it is correct and make payment as directed.
- Download the payment invoice and work license.
- View the license on company premises.