If you have a portable device like a laptop or tablet, you can decide how the screen behaves on battery power or when connected. Desktops can only be connected. The timeout period for the screen can be anywhere from two minutes to five hours. Here’s how to stop your Windows 10 screen from turning off. Here’s how to stop your Windows 10 screen from turning off.
- To open the settings, click on the start menu and select the gear icon.
- In the Settings window, select System.
- Select “Power & Sleep” in the sidebar.
- A drop-down menu for “When plugged in” appears under “Screen” and “Hibernate”.
- Under Screen, select a drop-down menu when the screen is off.
- To prevent Windows from switching off your display, select the “Never” option in the menu.
This feature is very useful for increasing the battery life of the device and even extends the life of the screen to some extent. However, not everyone likes this function. Many people prefer not to turn off the screen, whether or not they are actively using their computer.