Is it difficult to remember the birthdays of all of your friends, family members, and co-workers? Fortunately, the Apple iPhone comes to the rescue with an automated birthday reminder. Remembering birthdays is not an easy task. You can use Google Calendar to remember important birthdays and the birthdays of your friends and family. How to set it up:
- Notifications must be enabled for the calendar app
- To enable this, go to Settings> Notifications> Calendar and toggle the switch next to Allow Notifications to On.
- Some birthdays need to be defined in your contact app.
- Open Contacts, tap a contact in the list, choose Edit, then tap Add Birthday.
With everything that’s done, here’s how you can turn on automatic calendar birthday reminders:
- Open Settings and tap Calendar.
- In Calendar settings, tap Default Alert Times.
- Default alarm times, select “Birthdays”.
- On the Birthdays screen, users can select a time for the calendar to alert them of upcoming birthdays.
- You can choose between “On the day of the event”, “1 day in advance”, “2 days in advance” or “1 week in advance”.
- After that, please exit Settings. As soon as the appropriate warning time is reached, the calendar will send you a birthday notification.
- Based on your notification settings, this warning may appear on your lock screen or in the notification center, as well as through pop-ups on your screen.