There are numerous methods of downloading videos from Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. However, you may find that embedded videos are difficult to download. Embedded videos are self-hosted and created in the same way as HTML5 on a web page. Embedding allows you to host these videos elsewhere – for example, in blogs, articles, etc. – so that users can view them without visiting the original webpage.
Download embedded videos directly from websites
- Right click on the video and choose “Save Video As”.
- Choose a download location on your device to save the embedded video.
- When you’re done, press Enter or click the Save button.
Here are some of the most effective video downloader tools that you should try:
EaseUS MobiMover Free
- Start EaseUS MobiMover and select the ‘Video Downloader’ option in the left pane.
- Copy the url of the video you want to download and paste it into the bar provided. Then click the “Download” button.
- The application will quickly download the video to your computer after analyzing the URL (PC, Mac or laptop).
4K video downloader
- Start the 4K Video Downloader app.
- Copy the video url from your browser that you want to save on your device.
- In the application, click the “Paste Link” button, select the video quality and click the “Download” button.
Free HD Video Converter Factory
- Start the app and select “Downloader”.
- Select the “New Download” option at the top of the screen. A new pop-up window will now appear on the screen saying “New Download”.
- Copy and paste the URL of the website of your embedded video into the “Add URL” section. Then click the “Analyze” button to start the URL analysis process.
- You can choose your preferred video resolution.
- You will be prompted to choose a download location for the embedded video file.
- Click the “Download” button at the bottom of the screen.
Download an embedded video using Chrome / Firefox Bowser
- First, launch Google Chrome or Firefox (whichever is appropriate) and then play the embedded video you want on the page of the website.
- Select Review Item in Firefox or Review in Chrome by pressing F12 or right-clicking on the blank edges of the page.
- On the inspection page, navigate to the Network> Media tab.
- To find the download link at the bottom left of the page, press the ‘F5’ key combination and play the video again.
- You need to right click on the link and select “Open in a new tab”. This allows the video to be played on a new tab without manual intervention.
- If you don’t see the download button, right-click the video and choose “Save Video As” to download the embedded video directly to your local drive.
Use browser extensions to download embedded videos
- Visit the links below to add the Video DownloadHelper extension to your browser.
- After installing the extension, restart your browser and play the embedded video that you want to save again.
- Select the “Video DownloadHelper” icon at the top of your embedded video’s page, then click the “Quick Download” option.
Use online services to download videos
- Go to https://fetchfile.net/.
- Copy and paste the url into the specified url range. Then click the “Download Video” button.
- Select the appropriate video resolution and your desired embedded video will be saved to your device in seconds.
All of the techniques listed above are extremely easy to implement and work differently for different video formats.
Use any of the provided methods to easily save embedded videos and enjoy them for free.