Making your ecommerce website more attractive to search engines takes a lot of manual labor and time, which can be made much easier with effective tools. Magento is precisely the platform that was designed with SEO effectiveness in mind and currently has powerful native features for merchants looking to improve organic rankings and product demonstrations on search engines. Another bonus point for Magento online businesses: websites based on this Magento e-commerce platform are mobile responsive and look perfect in different browsers and screen sizes.
In this article, we will take a closer look at the built-in functions of Magento and introduce ways to expand its functions with additional modules and solutions that, overall, cause an increase in relevant organic traffic.
What SEO functions Magento offers
The Magento CMS has a basic feature set to be on the way to being SEO-friendly:
- Fill in SEO fields with metadata;
- Sitemap generation for better indexing by search engines;
- Canonical URLs for crawling top priority web pages;
- User friendly urls;
- URL will be rewritten for CMS pages.
- ALT texts for image optimization;
- Google Rich Snippets;
- Integrations with Google Analytics and AdWords.
Helpful SEO Tips for Magento Sellers
- Speed up your online shop. An integrated approach is important here. So make sure you have fast web hosting, keep everything up to date, enable caching and a quality network to serve content.
- Update your store to the latest version of Magento 2 to take advantage of the latest SEO improvements. The thing is, regular platform upgrades include SEO revisions, security patches, and other improvements that shouldn’t be missed.
- Optimize your product images with SEO friendly ALT tags and make sure to include your target keyword phrase.
- Do regular keyword and competitor research. Your insights could be used as a basis for creating your online shop SEO strategy and further improvements.
- Get the most out of customer reviews. On the one hand, this works for your SEO-friendliness, as websites with reviews rank higher due to regular updates of new and unique content. On the other hand after EconsultancyThis is also beneficial for your conversions, as more than 50 reviews per product can lead to a 4 percent increase.
- Work on the quality of your content and keep improving it. Don’t limit yourself to improving the pages that are showing poor results and poor SEO performance, but also pay attention and update the pages that are already getting most of your organic traffic.
Magento SEO extensions to increase the built-in functionality
# 1 Magento 2 SEO extension
The 360 degree SEO solution could cover the basic needs of e-commerce retailers:
- Rich snippets and advanced breadcrumbs;
- Sitemap & Index;
- 301 redirects;
- Templates for metadata and ALT tags for images;
- Detailed analysis reports and toolbar.
Price: $ 149
# 2 Mirasvit SEO Suite
This extension has most of the general features you might need to update your online store and improve rankings, including:
- Metadata and H1 tags that can be added to any webpage and even for multi-layered navigation;
- Manual rewrite of metadata and H1 tags for each URL;
- Cross connections;
- Custom redirects;
- SEO health checks every website.
Price: $ 149- $ 248
# 3 SEO Suite Ultimate
If you want to eliminate the manual labor, try the extension to properly introduce on-page search engine optimization, site architecture and internal navigation for higher SERP rankings. It’s a more advanced solution than the previous one with the following list of features:
- Ready-made product and category SEO templates;
- Extended Rich Snippets;
- Automatic and custom redirects;
- Improved breadcrumbs functionality;
- Extensive SEO dashboards and analysis.
Price: $ 299 to $ 598
In summary, we’d like to focus on the fact that the Magento platform offers robust native SEO functionality that can be easily expanded with the help of any of the solutions mentioned above in this article or with additional solutions Magento development efforts. Another aspect that we would like to point out is that search engine optimization continues to improve as search engine algorithms change. This means that you should better stay tuned for the best search engine optimization results possible for your brand.
If you like the article, check out Techdee for more content.